The maintenance, cleaning and hygiene of air conditioning systems (HVAC – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) are crucial to protect health and help prevent risks of the outbreak and spread of potentially hazardous viruses, fungi and bacteria such as Legionella Pneumophila, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Staphylococcus Aureus and other pathogens.
These risks are endemic in accommodation facilities and high-traffic facilities such as hospitals, hotels, gyms and anywhere with air distribution systems that must be kept clean and hygienic.
Employers are legally responsible for health in all workplaces (offices, commercial premises, factories, etc.). Employers are therefore obliged to provide for the remediation and sanitisation of air conditioning systems (AHU/ACU, fan coil, split, etc.) and air distribution ducts. Neglect of and non-compliance with these obligations (provided for by Legislative Decree 81/2008 or the “Consolidated Law on Health and Safety in the Workplace”) constitute a criminal offence and pose a serious health risk for workers and users.
AV Sanification is able to: identify (for each type of structure and environment treated) the system risk areas; verify the current status and operating conditions through inspections and sampling; and employ the best methodologies and technical tools to ensure cleaning, remediation and complete sanitisation.
The services offered for HVAC systems are:
- Visual inspections and video-technical inspections of the air ducts
- Surface sampling and microbiological analysis
- Remediation project design
- Cleaning, reclamation, filter replacement, pickling and sanitisation of AHUs and ACUs
- Cleaning, remediation and sanitisation of air ducts and related accessories and terminals
- Cleaning, sanitisation and replacement of split and fan coil filters
- Duct coating
- Drafting the Intervention Report complete with analysis and video
- Issuance of the Hygienic Suitability Certificate for the system under ACR 2013 standards as amended.